If you want to put yourself on the fast track to becoming a millionaire, make sure you cultivate these 11 habits. And if you’re already boasting a seven figure net worth? … give these proven techniques a fresh look on your way to eight or nine figures!
1. Daily Reading – Millionaire study guru Thomas C. Corley reports “88% of the rich devote 30 minutes or more each day to self-education or self-improvement reading.” That statistic also led the author to some other astute observations about rich habits, namely that they would rather be educated than be entertained. Next time you feel like browsing Facebook or “vegging out” in front of the television, consider your bank account and pick up a book.
2. Don’t Make Excuses – Unless they’re following a bodily function, ban them from your life. When we make excuses we’re essentially absolving ourselves of blame for an outcome which, in most cases, we had something to do with. This is common. What’s uncommon as becoming a millionaire? Taking responsibility. Even when it’s not entirely our fault, by accepting the blame and resisting the urge to “explain why”, our mind can make the crucial shift from “it’s not me,” to “I am responsible.” This attitude is wildly popular with humans that have larger bank accounts. If that’s not enough reason to make you the “No Excuse Person,” consider this: accepting blame will make your husband or wife love you more.
3. Find the Smartest People and Stay Close to Them – Yes, you are a reflection of the five people closest to you. And if your actual bank account doesn’t match your vision, find a way to get closer to successful people who’re winning the game of money. All right, all right… there is a “cheat sheet” for this one, and that’s to join DealMaker Society. There you can meet, mingle and share ideas with high net worth individuals, led by the original DealMaker himself, Matt Skinner. Putting yourself in the prime position to succeed means having people who’ve already been where you want to go near you.
4. Embrace Mistakes and Failure – It is here that we often find the things which we’re passionate about. If you adopt the mindset that everything is either winning or learning, you’ll be able to pick yourself up quicker and start again. Learning and feedback are the keys to achievement. Some of the brightest people living today miss success because they feel like they “know it all,” or are too cool for school. Others can’t handle criticism, and therefore stop growing.
5. Take your Time – A lot of great people have taken credit for saying it, but regardless of attribution: people overestimate what they can do in a year and they underestimate what they can do in two or three decades. Perhaps because of our overstimulated and immediate-gratification-centered society, we humans tend to think shorter term. Millionaire thinking means you must shed the quick-fix mentality and dial back for the bigger view of your life and what you want to accomplish.
6. Get Plenty of Rest – It’s been said everyone has a million dollar idea every year! So why aren’t more people rich? Few write down their great ideas. More importantly, if you’re tired, you might not even notice such ideas as they float across your brain. A well-rested brain is an optimal tool for wealth generation so get some sleep and keep a pen and paper nearby!
7. Exercise – 76% of the rich exercise 30 minutes or more per day, reports author Corley. Beyond the obvious benefits, exercise grows neurons and creates glucose. Neurons are brain pathways and glucose is brain fuel. Race you to the gym?
8. Work Hard – Brian Tracy, the esteemed author and motivational speaker says the following: if you work 40 hours, you’ll keep pace. If you wish to become a millionaire, you can not do this! The number of hours you work each week above 40 hours has a strong correlation to the fulfillment of your financial goals. Working 50 hours is “plus ten,” a good start; while 60 or even 70 hours a week is where achievements will start raining down on you. The four hour work week is a myth and a bad one at that. The caveat here, of course is that your time is spent working on the 20% which carries with it an 80% impact. Beware getting caught up in “the thick of thin things!”
9. Stay Positive – In the digital era we now inhabit, it can be easy to fall into the common trap of feeling insignificant or insecure when you’re looking at people’s “Instagram Selves.” There’s a disconnect between what we are and what people portray on social media. It’s human nature to be pessimistic and insecure. That’s one of our primary jobs as humans who function at our highest: to shed that thinking, and see the silver lining in every misfortune. Often our greatest tragedy can deliver our greatest triumphs, all it takes is a little creative thinking.
10. Invest in Yourself – There has never been a time in all of human history where it’s been easier, or more important for you to spend money on things that make you better. Video courses, online schools and a veritable infinitude of options are all open to you, both paid and free. Investing in you means taking time to sharpen your skills, broaden your horizons – this could be buying a course or traveling to Africa. Remember also: your time is an investment. If you’re starting at zero, and feel like you don’t have anything, don’t forget your 24 hour days and use them wisely!
11. Have Fun – Matt Skinner can be found teaching his millionaire ways in places like Harvard University, on MattSkinnerLIVE! or sharing stages with the likes of Tony Robbins. You can be sure he’s living his highest purpose, sharing real estate strategies that have already worked for him to the tune of $100’s of millions. And if you’re lucky, he’ll tell you how he started out as a ditch digger, and how he got to the exalted place he thrives in today. Why would you ever do something you don’t enjoy to the tune of millions of dollars? And here’s a little insight—if you hate your job, it’s entirely possible that it’s not the job, but your attitude that could use a tweak. When you’re in alignment, work becomes fun and the money you’ll see multiplies.
If you’re a millionaire or want to become one, joining Dealmaker Society is mandatory. Society is the FAST TRACK for you to move quickly and surely toward your financial goals.
Don’t miss this opportunity – secure your seat now.